The feel and smell of a waxed Barbour jacket evokes memories of walks in he British countryside, Diana in the 80s or most recently, Alexa Chung wading in the mud of music festivals in Wellies and the perennial staple.
The Barbour is a classic because it’s never “in” – hence it can never be “out”. If you own this British legend, you can sit back and relax while hysteric fashion-junkies are running after the latest trends.
How to wear the Barbour Jacket?
- An oversized Barbour, slung over girly dresses or sexy shorts will give any outfit that British dishevelled, cool-as-ice look.
- Pair the subtle jacket with a bold accessory – a red-hot hat will liven up the 80s image of the jacket
- Throw a pair of converse chucks into the mix for added sprinkle of nonchalance
- Clash shamelessly: Alexa Chung (below) is combining pearls and ruffle blouse with the classic
I am wearing:
- Barbour Jacket
- J Brand Denim
- Converse chucks
- Red hat by BCBG
- Mirrored sunglasses by Paul Smith