Statement earrings are a great way to dress up a monochrome office look and draw attention back to your face, where it belongs! Rebel and I both love extravagant earrings, though with a different angle:
Rebel: I’m not someone for delicate, filigree adornments. My short hair is perfect to show off big, opulent and glamorous earrings. Preferably in bold, saturated colours like the grass green tassel earrings I’m wearing by H&M.
Romantique: I love my jewellery cutesy and creative, sometimes even bordering on quirky and kooky! From French pastries to cherries and macaroons, my jewellery box is full of sweet treats I can indulge in without having to count calories! My banana earrings by Les Nereides – N2 Paris are real show stoppers. They are fun and summery and have the magical ability to instantly make me feel good as soon as I put them on!
Do you like Romantique’s whimsical and playful earring style or do you prefer Rebel’s grown-up glamour?
Reminiscent of Dolce and Gabbana’s opulent style are these knock-outs by H^M
Street style London: Rocking my bananas with a yellow jumper, black skinnies by topshop and boucle jacket. Tweed bag by Zara.
I love dramatic statement earrings, especially now that I cut my hair short and can boldly show them off. I’m not a fan of delicate, tiny heart studs or other delicate pieces- my jewellery needs to be seen from afar! Think huge Chandelier earrings that can take any outfit up a notch, whether it’s an LBD or a jeans / T-shirt combo.
How to wear statement earrings:
- When wearing big earrings and necklaces, I like to keep the outfit simple and the pattern monochrome.
- If you have long hair, put it up in a bun to provide a centre stage for the dangling pieces.
- Statement baubles come in all sorts of shapes and colours. Whether you like bling-bling or pastel coloured gem stones like me, there’s a style for everyone.
- Statement earrings don’t need to cost an arm and a leg, you can pick up great looking pieces from Zara or Bijou Brigitte.
- Personally, I’d avoid wearing a statement necklace AND earrings to avoid the Christmas tree look. Then again, on some it works so you need to try it all out!
Above: I am wearing yellow and turqoise blue earrings from Bijou Brigitte. The pastel colours liven up any style. Sunglasses from Celine.
The darker, turqoise blue earrings from Bijou Brigitte remind me of the Mediterranean Sea, the perfect, feel-good chandeliers. Sunglasses from Blumarine.
Our stylish Parisian friend Berengere from Versailles sure knows good style. These bright coloured turquoise danglers complement her skin tone and outfit rather nicely. Sunglasses from Stella McCartney.
Advanced Style: Statement earrings are not just for the young. Our Mummy Romantique & Rebel rocks a great pair of brightening, cream drop earrings from Bijou Brigitte.
More style inspiration from the French: Charlotte Casiraghi, daugher of Princess Caroline of Monaco, is wearing glamorous, crystal-encrusted drop earrings.
This stylish street styler, layers on the statement jewellery and it works!