We all become desillusioned with our wardrobe sometimes (“Nothing to wear” anyone?). Our cupboards are bursting with too many trendy pieces and we lose overview. On one of those days, I fall back on to my essentials. These basics are classic wardrobe items I slip on and instantly feel good and comfortable.
My essential capsule collection includes:
- Navy blue blazer with gold buttons a la Emanuelle Alt by Tommy Hilfiger – preppy style always works
- White T-shirt (Lufthansa overnight kit)
- Black skinny jeans by Zara
- Flat ballerina pumps by Pretty Ballerina
- Chanel-esque pearls by Bijoux Brigitte
- Big, “Go to hell” sunglasses by Blumarine
For a splash of fun colour, I added a royal blue bucket bag from Badgley Mischka.
Style inspiration Emmanuelle Alt, editor in chief of French Vogue. Her look is classic, sexy, effortless, French. If you stand in front of your full wardrobe, not knowing what to chose, go for timeless simplicity. A tailored blazer, skinny jeans and stylish pointy or ballerina flats will always make you look pulled together without trying to hard.