I love dramatic statement earrings, especially now that I cut my hair short and can boldly show them off. I’m not a fan of delicate, tiny heart studs or other delicate pieces- my jewellery needs to be seen from afar! Think huge Chandelier earrings that can take any outfit up a notch, whether it’s an LBD or a jeans / T-shirt combo.
How to wear statement earrings:
- When wearing big earrings and necklaces, I like to keep the outfit simple and the pattern monochrome.
- If you have long hair, put it up in a bun to provide a centre stage for the dangling pieces.
- Statement baubles come in all sorts of shapes and colours. Whether you like bling-bling or pastel coloured gem stones like me, there’s a style for everyone.
- Statement earrings don’t need to cost an arm and a leg, you can pick up great looking pieces from Zara or Bijou Brigitte.
- Personally, I’d avoid wearing a statement necklace AND earrings to avoid the Christmas tree look. Then again, on some it works so you need to try it all out!
Above: I am wearing yellow and turqoise blue earrings from Bijou Brigitte. The pastel colours liven up any style. Sunglasses from Celine.
The darker, turqoise blue earrings from Bijou Brigitte remind me of the Mediterranean Sea, the perfect, feel-good chandeliers. Sunglasses from Blumarine.
Our stylish Parisian friend Berengere from Versailles sure knows good style. These bright coloured turquoise danglers complement her skin tone and outfit rather nicely. Sunglasses from Stella McCartney.
This stylish street styler, layers on the statement jewellery and it works!