The Schnitzel is a global delicatesse savoured all over the world. The term “Vienna Schnitzel” is protected under German and Austrian law stating that only Schnitzel containing veal is a real Schnitzel, which tastes best.
It is believed that the Schnitzel orginated from Northern Italy as the cotaletta alla Milanese.
Making this delicious, hearty meal is very easy, all you need to do is to get the following ingredients and to follow these 6 easy steps:
- Thinly sliced veal chops (idea thickness is as thick as your finger)
- 2 Eggs
1. Flatten the veal chops with a mallet
2. Put salt and a bit of pepper on the both sides of the chops
3. Set up dipping stations: 1 Plate containing beaten eggs, 1 plate containing flour mixed with breadcrumbs (50/50).
4. Dip the cutlet in the beaten eggs, then immediately dunk it into the flour/breadcrumbs mix
5. Shake off any excess crumbs and throw the veal cutlet in a pan with melted butter and fry it gold-brown from both sides
6. Remove the meat from the oil and place on paper towels so that excess oil drips off. Serve immediately with a fresh salad and potatoes.