Make-up artist Rae Morris suggests a great tip if you are looking to update your look or are unsure of what colours / make-up suits you: Just pick a celebrity who is similiar in age and colouring whose make-up you like and find out what products they use to achieve their looks.
British Make-up Artist Lisa Eldrige’s blog site has been a real treasure find as she frequently styles celebs for cover shoots and events.
Here is my favourite make-up look for Danish Supermodel Helena Christensen at the Elle Style Awards 2011:
- Make Up For Ever – HD Foundation (Lisa mixed a few shades to match Helena’s gorgeous olive complexion)
- Chanel – Blush Duo Tweed Effect – Tweed Fuchsia
- Dior – 5 Couleurs Designer Eyeshadow Palette – Smoky Design
- Bobbi Brown – Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner – Black Ink
- Max Factor – Xperience Mascara – Black
- Suqqu – Eyebrow Liquid Pen – 02
- Laura Mercier – Lip Glace – Glistening Sand
Lisa said that Helena is probably one of the most naturally beautiful women she had ever met and looked amazing with this dark, smoky eye. The look was kept a bit edgy and rock n roll by adding some smudgy glitter all over her eye, and then teamed with her trademark pink cheeks and glossy lips.