t’s fashion week in London! Rebel flew in from Hamburg, especially for the occasion, which meant lots of “girly nonsense” time, as Mr Romantique disparagingly refers to our chatter.
Twice a year, this festival of style takes place at Somerset House – one of London’s major cultural venues in the heart of the city. You don’t need show tickets to enjoy the London Fashion Week atmosphere. The courtyard of Somerset house is open to the public. British fashion is known for its classic heritage brands as well as edgy eccentric South East London style reflected by the many fashionistas flocking to LFW. Stay tuned for a full run-down of our favourite’s LFW outfits.
What to wear at London Fashion Week:
London is known for it’s gaudy, eclectic style, where everyone wants to stand out as unique. Rather than trying to keep up or even outdo the fashionistas, we dressed true to our own styles, picking wearable pieces that we might don in the office, whilst still looking slick. For us, every day may as well be a fashion show! Rebel and I had lots of fun immersing ourselves in the eclectic London style mix, which we found to be a great source of inspiration.
Rebel is wearing:
- Long pear necklace from Gabriele Frantzen
- Skinny Jeans by Topshop
- Blue sandals by Zara
- Blue blazer with gold buttons by Tommy Hilfiger
- red sunglasses by Paul Smith
- Red lipstick: Ruby Woo by MAC
Romantique is wearing:
- Bordeaux coloured dress and white Peter Pan colour by Max & Co
- Leopard print pointy flats by BCBG
- Macaron bracelet by N2 Les Nereides
- Brown cross body bag by Moschino
- Sunglasses wayfarer by Ray Ban
- Red lipstick: Ruby Woo and Viva Glam by MAC
The French photographer loved my little French school uniform outfit!